When you manufacture products for a just-in-time industry like automotive, the windows for machine design and construction typically get smaller with each product. In addition, the machines and equipment you build must stand up to harsh conditions on the factory floor. That’s why when it comes to selecting pneumatic components, it’s important to partner with a supplier who not only can provide tough, durable products, they must also get them to you fast.
Fabco-Air offers durable, pneumatic cylinders, accessories and air preparation products that withstand the rigors of capital equipment used for automotive production. Whether they’re intended for clamping, lifting, positioning or pressing — or keeping your plant’s compressed air tools and systems in optimal shape — our wide and varied lineup of standard pneumatic components come in many sizes, ready for shipping. We can also modify off-the-shelf components and ship custom samples to you in just 72 hours. Here are some examples of Fabco products that are well suited for automotive applications:
- Pneumatic Cylinders. Heavy-duty construction features include anodized aluminum bodies, stainless steel piston rods and a high-strength composite to give these actuators added durability. Many cylinders also come pre-lubed with Magnalube-G® Teflon™-impregnated grease for a long operating life. ISO models like the FAQ2R and FAE Series with 6431 and 6432 dimensional interchanges, respectively, as well as the Fabco NFPA give designers flexibility and confidence when designing and specifying these components.
- Multi-Power® Cylinders. This cylinder family is designed with multiple piston heads connected to a single rod, resulting in tremendous thrust forces. Multi-Power cylinders use just a small amount of shop air and don’t need a high-pressure hydraulic system. They have a composite rod bearing for long life and a hard chrome-plated stainless steel piston rod to ensure reliable operation.
- Air Preparation Products. We’ll help you keep critical parts and tools throughout your plant running at their best and over a long lifetime with a large selection of filters, regulators, lubricators and separators plus FRLs and other combination units.
- Swing Clamps. Available with single-or double-sided clamp arms, swing clamps provide easy access for loading and unloading workpieces.
- Rod Locks. These accessories feature high clamping forces and require minimal air for release.
- Specials. If our standard parts don’t quite meet your application’s requirements, we can modify our cylinders and air products to your exact specifications. In fact, almost half our business comes from specially modified products.
Pneumatic Components When You Need Them
As automotive manufacturers ramp up facilities to meet increasingly stringent production deadlines, component availability and reliability are critical to preventing unacceptable delays. When you need high-quality pneumatic technology for your automotive equipment, durable, reliable and readily available standard and custom components make Fabco an invaluable partner to get you up and running fast and for a long time.
For more information about Fabco-Air pneumatic components for automotive applications, visit our industry page.